WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0
So I finally ordered a new tank, it's a deep blue 75 gallon rimless, the dimensions are 48x18x20 tall, this will be my 4th build so this time I'm going all out. I jus have a few questions, I'm getting some Ai Sol blues, I was wondering how many would I need? Im thinking 2 but am not sure, also would 2 mp10s be good or would I have to do mp40s? Please give me ur feedback

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Congrats on a nice tank. I have a 75 rimless also.
The MP10 has enough flow with 2 of them, but the glass is too thick. Mine would slide down over the course of a day, or fall if bumped...

MP40 holds fine. I used 1 MP40 for a bit, but added a second one for a huge improvement in flow. They run at 50%.

Thirty5 can answer your AI led question.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Hey, thats a nice tank your getting. I would get only 1 mp40 for a 75. You can turn it up with one..with 2 you might only be able to use 50% of the power on each.

WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0
Congrats on a nice tank. I have a 75 rimless also.
The MP10 has enough flow with 2 of them, but the glass is too thick. Mine would slide down over the course of a day, or fall if bumped...

MP40 holds fine. I used 1 MP40 for a bit, but added a second one for a huge improvement in flow. They run at 50%.

Thirty5 can answer your AI led question.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

There's no way around keeping the mp10s from sliding down, I jus thought 2 mp40s would be over kill unless I run them low, and wouldn't 1 mp40 give too much flow on one side and not enough on the other?

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
The 10's would be ample and the sliding issue can be corrected by a small dab of silicone to hold the housing outside the tank in place. If done neatly it would be unnoticeable yet still allow for it to be removed at some point if need be.

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what corals you plan on keeping, after seeing a 3 foot 65 gallon reef with 2 AI's i would agree with the 3 AI's, if thats your choice for light. You can always wait and add the third later if you think you need it.
Although it was because of the depth of the tank.

Last edited:

WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0
Depending on what corals you plan on keeping, after seeing a 3 foot 65 gallon reef with 2 AI's i would agree with the 3 AI's, if thats your choice for light. You can always wait and add the third later if you think you need it.
Although it was because of the depth of the tank.

I'm planning on doing mixed reef, a little something of everything, I was thinking trying the 2 AI's at maybe 12" from the waterline, that's a wild guess, I wouldn't know how far from the waterline would be best

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: