duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
So i wake up to find my birdsnest rtned. Doesnt make sense it was growing like a weed and today just dieing.im going to have to hit up that member who sold it to me for another one. So i take my kid to the reptile expo go to a friends house to test my refractometer because i was thinking it was the salinity because my refract said 025 and swing arm read 021.came home shut off my return pump and when i put it back on.....nothing.i took the pump out and checkit and there was the problem a swelled up magnet. This was at 7pm.i run to home depot because i have a new skimmer pump for my vertex in180 as a back up and hd is closed.im like damnnnnn.so i get in the car and run over to loews and to my surprise there open.i get a 3/4 fitting male fitting and some other pvc parts and come home.go to put the pvc fitting in and to small...pump is metric ahhhhhhh. So i load up the threads with tape and screw it in and it works thank goodness. Now i see the birdsnest is doing worse so i frag 2 pieces and hope for the best. Now im in alot of pain and heating up my back. What a freggin day

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Thanks man.one by one im losing frags and i dont know why. I tested everything changed my ro/di filters and di, i know its not my salinity now i have no stray voltage i dont know man. Thinking of getting a poly pad and see if anything come out

James983

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Duke, Birdsnest are like a canary in a coal mine in my tank. It is always the first to show that all is not well. In my case it was high PO4.

Check your parameters and if checks out, consider checking you test kits and refractometer are accurate.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Yeah the hyacynth. My parameters are all fine. They are new kits. I have 4 other birdsnest that so far are fine. Ive had this one in my tank since august and was growing so fast :(. One by one my corals are stning and ive checked everything including bugs. I cant find anything

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Sorry to hear of the awful day!!!:( Hope the rest of the week glides by for you...

You mentioned the swollen magnet in the pump. I wonder if that is what caused it. Something similar is what happened in my tank when the skimmer's pump died a couple of weeks ago. I also lost some sps.;(

Kendall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I know you don't think it is your salinity, but I'll throw this out there for anyone to read. I experienced loses due to inacurate salinity measuring devices. One was a swing arm and the other a hydrometer.

Hope you find the problem!

Killarsox

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.9%
16   2   0
Sounds to me like high PO4 or problems with Alkalinity.

I know you said all your levels are fine, however I would take your water somewhere to be tested to make sure.

Sure sounds like something is off with your parameters.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Alright so i have over 100 mushrooms on my right side of tank andthats where all my stning is happening so everything else is in check so my only conclussion is the shrooms are hitting them and they are dieing. I put a poly pad in and no changing in color.

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Alright so i have over 100 mushrooms on my right side of tank andthats where all my stning is happening so everything else is in check so my only conclussion is the shrooms are hitting them and they are dieing. I put a poly pad in and no changing in color.

Duke, u running carbon? Might help if they are being stung by the shrooms

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: