Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
hey guys i have a 5 gallon reservoir of fresh RO water that i use for my ATO. i need to start using kalk all my corals aren't happy i think its because my calcium is to low last time i checked it was 200 which is obv really low. so i finally have some money and a day off so i am going to go to the store today to buy some kalk. my question is how many tea spoons should i put in my bucket, i obviously want to start off slow not to shock the system. any tips and things i should look out for that way i don't screw this up lol?

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
well i just got my calcium checked its now 310 since i switched over to instant ocean reef crystals. i am going to do a water change today and check it again and then tommorow should i dose kalk to get it up to 420?

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
well the only way to get my calcium in check is with the kalk, the salt obv isnt enough to keep my calcium above 400. and if i use my ATO to introduce the kalk wont the alkalinity settle itself out based on where my calcium is at.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: