GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So I thought I share this. So yesterday I s watching tv with my girl friend when I heard my dog repeatedly scratching someting on the floor. I let this go n for a few minutes where he probably got in about 20 scratches. I go to yell at him and I see that my flame hawk took a five foot dive out of my open top elos tank.

As I tell him to get away he picks up the hawkin his mouth and gets a few chews in at which point I go get a doggie treat to have him drop it. I struggle to pick up the saliva covered fish and was about to throw him in the toilet when my gf said she saw his mouth move.

At her request I put the fish back and he sinks tothe bottom belly up and stays there.

I go to retrieve him as I didn't want a rotting fish in my tank and he swims away upside down.

At thispoint I figured I leave him.

This morning I see him perched on a return pipe which was a good sign and when I got him I saw him swim around normally from rock to rock. I just fed him and he greedily ate up all the food.

Anyone else got a cool story?

Last edited:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I have a couple.

1. Late one night I heard a crash on my living room floor. At first I didn't go to look but about 1 hour later I went and my large Blue Spotted Grouper was on the floor, fairly dried up. I rinsed him off and placed him back in the tank. 19 years later he's still swimming around.

2. One morning I found my Sunrise Basslet on the floor, right in front of my tank. He was all dried up and his eye were even sunken into his body. I figure he was dead but decided to throw him back into the tank and see he was still alive. He basically drop to the bottom of the tank and look dead, so I just left him there, think he would be a good meal for my hermit crabs. That night I came home and he was swimming around the tank like nothing happened.

yogi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
my green spotted puffer took a dive one day. He went behind the tank and under the cabinet. My wife could only get him out by using a broom to sweep him out. Took some tank water and rinsed him off. Put him back in the display tank and he was bloated really bad. He swam to the bottom and curled up like a baby.
He survived.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Back in day I found my eel on the floor,,, must of been out for 6 plus hours because he was dry and hard,,,not moving at all. I put back in tank because I heard this from someone that they come back to life. So after putting power head in mouth for 5mins he came back from the dead,,, lived another 10 years until he died of internal parasite

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: