evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
wow, just to say the least. Deep blue epic fail!!

The stand does not match up to the tank properly. The bulkheads hit the available hole in the stand by almost 1 1/2". I don't want to cut it but it will look half way retarded not fully on the stand.

I don't know what tool to utilize to cut a nice clean curved circle. I have a hack saw and a dremel. This sucks!!

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
mike

Also, anyone in NNJ want to weld me the metal tubings found in home depot to create a light fixture stand??

Please let me know. Willing to give a frag of something or twenty bucks for about 5~ welds + a few cuts. I rather not go to home depot and make electrical conduit bends again.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I don't think that rivets will work well in this application. I've used rivets for body parts on a car before but the metal was slightly heavy and the fixtures don't weigh much but they will be at the ends or not distributed evenly enough which can cause too much pressure. I am not sure what amount of pressure rivets can hold.

The stand is already setup and think the jigsaw may be my best bet. Does anyone know if homedepot rents this tool? I don't see myself using it often enough to warrant a pretty penny.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Basically square metal tube [a]5ft tall/height at the top, it will move towards the center of the tank depth wise, [c]then another 4ft making a T going the width of the tank. It will likely need a weld triangle from [a] to to reinforce the weight.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
ISSUE [1]

2012-01-09_23-11-40_482.jpg

2012-01-09_23-11-50_335.jpg

2012-01-09_23-17-38_759.jpg

For clarification of the issue. The available hole in stand extends all the way to the other end. It seems like they would make this for a tank that is custom so they have one stand manufactured. Which would make sense. It just doesn't make sense why they wouldn't check the clearance for their tanks?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: