whispers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Wanted to know if anyone can tell me why some of my zoas are Inverting ( mushrooming ) I had them for at least 6 months the only thing I changed was I upgraded to an acan LED fixture from 250w MH .. Im wondering if it's to much or to little light can any one help

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
First thing that would help us is what are your current water parameters? Do they look like the picture? If so a common cause is stretching out due to light levels being low. You say you "upgraded" from MH to LED. What size tank? What was your lighting before (Amount and wattage) What is it now?

The MORE info you give the better the answer you'll get.

Attachments

• IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 469

whispers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
my current water parameters are all good. i have a 45 gallon tank i went from a 250w MH to the acan600 pa Prism fixture..they look like the pic but the middles look inflated a bitt. I added carbon recently and gfo probably to much what do you think?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If they are shaped like a little umbrella, they are getting too much light, move them down a few inches.

What color/s are the ones you are having the issue with?

I assume your 'mushroom shaping is more pronounced than the 2nd zoa from the left in the pic above..('which is more flat on top than mushroom shaped)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: