Justin_NY

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
finally, i decided to go to this fish store at NJ, absoulute fish. i really think the store have an excelent coral, and many type fish to choose for evern freshwater or saltwater. five tumbs up for the store.even though some of the coral are expensive. they also have some net pick, and not to expensive. i also have the chang to talk one of the staff, he was helping me really great and honest when i ask him about his opiniion about thermoelectric chiller.
the trip take me about 1/2 hours.
here are their website:
http://www.absolutelyfish.com/HomePage.htm

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I was there about 2 weeks ago and there prices on corals aren't that bad. They have some $29 & $39 corals + some cheap frags for $8-$10 each. What I also like was that they had tanks that where using different kinds of lighting(MH,VHO,PC)so for each coral you could see what its' lighting requirement were. Their prices on fish where still high though.

The biggest problem, that most people have had with them, is that the staff doesn't seem to care, well when I was there the person helping me left, the store was pretty empty, but did comeback later and said he was sorry he had to answer the phone. So maybe they're getting the message to pay more attention to the customer.

SoS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live a few miles from Abs Fish so I stop by once a week. IF you go on Saturday or Sunday your gonna get ignored. Not because they don't care its because there's 500 people in there and 95% of them are pretty much clueless. It'd make anybody a little cranky. If you can get there on a weekday afternoon. Its dead and there's plenty of staff to help you with any question. They also get the stock in on weekdays so you get first pick. They are a bit pricey, but you can't beat the selection.

Dave ESPI

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought a grand at a rip there on 2 occasions... and with a decent discount ( seeing as how we constantly are racing around the same transshippers and swiping each-others buckets off the carts ( yeah its low, but ya do what ya have to ta fill the orders... ;) ) I like the store... I harp on them to frag the awesome lamnillia tree and PALAU green leather in the reef display near the back wall..... suck a rare piece should be shared since 99 % of them DIED on the reef in the 1998 El NINO .

meh... someday....

SoS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That green leather in the back is truly awesome. Especially the school of full grown pajama cardinalfish living inbetween the fingers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: