mazon56

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
i just checked the water on my 90 reef and everything was good except the nitrate and phosphate. ive noticed my lps especially my wellso's not opening they dont look very happy. mainly wellso's, lobo, some acans. Zoas, chalice, torch acanthophyllia, caps are all fine. could the phosphate and nitrate be the cause. i have a 90 gallon with a proclear sump. im running a brs gfo reactor, bag of chemipure, uv sterilizer, reef octopus xp1000s hob skimmer, tek 6 bulb which i do need to change the bulbs, and about 130lbs of live rock. and another 15-20 in the sump.

Amm.-0
Nitri.-0
pH-8.2
Nitra.-10
Phos.-0.36
Calc-450
Mag.-1560

mazon56

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
yes i am running the gfo its been on for almost 2 months. i am using rodi. but im gonna check and see what the tds i have been having problems with that and need to call air water ice. whats the quickest and best way to drop phosphates down besides gfo and water changes which i do bi-weekly.

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I would change the gfo, check your tds on your source water and do weekly water changes. What do feed and how often?
Oh on another note, do not drop the phosphate too quickly. You can shock your corals. Just like everything else in this hobby, go slow.

mazon56

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
ok my tds coming out is 021ppm. im gona check the phosphate coming out of the gfo and see what i get. is 021 too high the rodi unit is less than 6 months old. and comes out retarded slow it takes me over 6 hours to fill up a 5 gallon jug. its 100 gpd unit

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
ok my tds coming out is 021ppm. im gona check the phosphate coming out of the gfo and see what i get. is 021 too high the rodi unit is less than 6 months old. and comes out retarded slow it takes me over 6 hours to fill up a 5 gallon jug. its 100 gpd unit

you need to change your RO/DI filters dude....I have a 55g storage tank once I'm done fill that and my 70g tank plus my sump the filters get trashed for new ones..:fish:

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Membranes are rated at either 96% or 98% efficiency, so with 185 tap Tds, worst case u should see 7 Tds after the membrane. The Di resin should easily bring that to 0 Tds after the Di.
Replace your sediment and carbon filters, run the unit without the Di hooked up. Let it run for a bit. Then check the reading after the membrane.

If its within range, (4% ot less than tap) then install the new Di resin.

If its too high, replace the membrane and check again.

This way you don't burn thru the Di resin until your other filters and membrane are good.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DI resin has no time life, it depends on your TDS and how much water you make. There is no way to say oh its good for a year that is %100 percent false. Its a media which absorbs when its done its done. Mine lasts about 2 months, others say theres last much longer but city water has very low TDS to start with so there DI resin will last longer. Membranes should last 2-3 years no problem more to 3 years if you can flush them. If your TDS is high its all in the media not all media is the same.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: