jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Any body dosing kalk through your dosing pump how much and how many times do you dose a day?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Just measure your24hr use of top off. The mix it twice or 3times stronger and dose half or 1/3 the amount you used to top off in a day as the dosage number

Heck make it10x stronger and dose a tenth of the amount u top off whatever gives u the best usable number for the dosing pump

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Great question ! I use kalk in my ato and wanna switch to a medical dosing pump because I know it's not if but when the float switch will fail!

Too guys using a dosing pump for kalk how do u have it set up? Just estimate evap ? I feel like it would change depending on season !

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
i would calculate how much you need and then dose that amount. Are you asking because your not sure that it can be used in a doser? If so, it should not be a problem.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ato and kalk = eventual crash, i dont use vinegar with mine even though it increases the potency of it but it also is dosing a carbon source, think it is 2 tablesppons per gallon

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
i would calculate how much you need and then dose that amount. Are you asking because your not sure that it can be used in a doser? If so, it should not be a problem.

I dose now throw my Ato is holding my cal at 370 but just trying to find a base line to dose throw the doser I really don't like the idea of the Ato dumping 30 gallons
Of Kalk into my tank really the question is how much ml of Kalk should I start with ?

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
j , are trying to raise Alk only? or u trying to raise Alk and calcium? I think the kalk is mostly going to raise Alk though. not much carbonate in it if I'm not mistaken. I'm thinking of getting my kalk stirrer up and running too. I'm only going to dose kalk at night though. I'm tagging along. no real help though, lol

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
j , are trying to raise Alk only? or u trying to raise Alk and calcium? I think the kalk is mostly going to raise Alk though. not much carbonate in it if I'm not mistaken. I'm thinking of getting my kalk stirrer up and running too. I'm only going to dose kalk at night though. I'm tagging along. no real help though, lol

Kalk is for the cal I believe I am still going to dose two part alk and cal but a lot less plus the sps love this damm Kalk stuff it's amazing

Jim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I am running 240ml per day through a LiterMeter dosing pump. I have a Kalk reactor which is fed off a 18 gallon RODI container. I'm also running a Calcium Reactor and this combo keeps my pH steady between 8.15 & 8.3

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
kalk is mostly for calcium but it does come from brightwell with mag and strontium in it.

one warnig if you run kalk, like I do and you stop to change to a reactor or dose or whatever. the sps will stn. ime if I F up my kalk even a little the corals get pissed. like if I run out for a few days omg... think pooky in new jack thats how my coral reacts.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: