motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
so this week has been one of those weeks, starts out monday im in the hospital at 3am bc after putting an icy/hot patch on and going to bed i must have rubbed my eyes.. so that was not fun!
then my car gets hit in the parking lot at work and winds up with abt 4000$ worth of dammage.. so u think that would be enough right? NA not for me!
yesterday i find out that my whole shift at work is being shut down and were all being laid off!! oh the fun! so today is my last day of work.

but last night when i got home, tired and worn out from the wonderfull news i look at my tank for a moment of piece.. but i hear a pump screaming from my sump.. (what now!!!) so i look and realize its my skimmer, the super reef octopus with the bubble blaster pump.. i take it all apart and look at it and notice thru the clear cover by the needle wheel impellor that there is something purple/pink in there,, now this pump is suposed to shut down when something gets sucked into it. but it didnt..

so heres what i find, my female Flame wrasse!!! can you believe it.. i had the most colorful female ive seen in a while being all purple with a red and yellor sripes.. now how the hell did she get down there.. she aparently squeezed thru the grating on my drain, my filter sock which was fine before i left for work was overflowing so she then made it out and over the sock and then traveled thru another chamber to get sucked into the skimmer..

What a mess, had to do a big water change bc the needle wheel just shaved the fish down int small meety chunks.. it was all thruout the tank..

so thats my week so far, can anyone top this?? :irked::irked::irked:

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Doesn't your car insurance cover your car after the deducible?

luckily it happened at work so the dealership is taking care of it.. but the problem is its a nice car, 02 pontiac trans am last of the breed addition, and the car was flawless.. now the value just got dumped bc of the dammage, even though itll be fine when its fixed its still gonna be in the history that is was in an accident..

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Sorry to hear about all the bad luck. lol. don't pass it along to me come sunday please!!! ahaha i'kidd.

Things that go down have nowhere to go but up!

Stupid saying but I for one go by it! Smart men always know that to gain something you must lose something.

sorry to hijack but POST 1000!!!!!!!!!! W0OT!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
When life gives you lemons - make lemonade?
You're gunna have an awful lot of lemonade :(

Sorry to hear, that is one rough week. Hoping everything is already starting to turn around for you. :hug: Hang in there!

Cris007

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Keep your head up Bro. I had some bad luck. All happened in 3 days. First I was driving to work didn't notice I had a flat until I was on the bridge when I got off the bridge the tire was shot which I just finished buying a new set 2 weeks prior. Next day I get randomly stopped by a cop who set up a check point and gave me a ticket for each window that was tinted. Then the next day I hit a pothole which cracked my rim which also was new. I was out $1200. You should be good now bad luck comes in 3.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Sorry to hear dude. Time to make a top or cover your overflow intake with mesh.

In regards to your car. Document everything with damage. Your car shouldn't take a hit as long as the Title is Clean. That's a myth that many people use to screw you over. Document it all and if you try to sell the car again any true car person would understand especially with a car like yours that caters to a niche market.

Gluck with everything!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: