Misfit36

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I finally decided to make my first post.

I have been keeping a planted tank for about 3 1/2 years now and decided to get over my fears of a SW set up. I did what everyone told me not to, I set up a 10G AGA for my first reef tank. Here is what I started with on Dec28ish and where I am at now. I am proud of myself for taking my time as far as adding stock and letting things cycle. Its been a learning experience and ton of fun

Specs:
10g AGA
modded AC110 (DIY chambers, fuge light)
Koralia NANO240
Tetra 100W submersible heater 76*
2xBoost LED PAR30 (3RB, 1CW, 1NW)
"Live" sand
Live rock

CUC:
Nassaurius snails
Banded Trochus
Fighting conchs
Skunk shrimp

1 TR Ocellaris ( only plan on adding either a goby,blenny or a royal gramma)

Corals:
Red spotted mushroom
Bubble mushroom
BTA
Monti
Zoas (eagle eye, green bay packer)
GSP
Favia

Misfit36

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks. As far as the BTA goes, this was part of my learning process. I had read many conflicting opinions on the tank maturity issue, went to one of my trusted LFS, he tells me I will be fine. So I went with it, so far so good. It moved around for about 3 days and has not moved since and continues to eat. The clown hasn't hosted with it yet though, hopefully it does.

Misfit36

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now pics...sorry they are crappy iphone pics

Day 1
tankday1.jpg

Roughly 2 weeks in

tank.jpg

As of yesterday

tankled.jpg

Misfit36

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "mountain" on the left I will eventually like to be able to call "Acro Mountain". I was also able to scape it so that no rock touches the glass, not even behind it. I wanted water flow to circulate through entire back of tank as well as front. Its also hard to tell but there are a lot of tiny holes and caves for my clown to swim through.

Misfit36

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also thought this was cool. Picked up this Monti from my LFS, it was orange and I thought it looked nice. But under my LED's it turned a crazy shade of green with orange polyps.

monti.jpg

and after a about a week under my LED's, keep in mind I rotated it so its not the same angle. It is also much more neon, hard to capture with iphone.
monti2.jpg

Misfit36

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the offer evoIX. I actually want to keep a low bioload on the tank so I am not planning on another clown in such a small tank because I would like one more fish but just not a clown. I havent decided if I want a tailspot blenny, royal gramma, or purple dottyback.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: