Hecdr34

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
252   0   0
I heard someone here use to add the baffles to your tank for like 40 or $50 or something like that. Does anyone here know a person that does this? I have a 40 breeder that I need to make into a sump and I suck at it so I rather pay someone to do it for me. please let me know ASAP.... I need it by this weekend

Thanks MR
Hector

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
I just bought today 4 glass baffles for $25 with safe edges and ordered aquarium adhesive which cost $10.00, I am also turning a 40b into a sump.

If someone can do that for $40, wow, slim profit but wish I would have known as well.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I just bought today 4 glass baffles for $25 with safe edges and ordered aquarium adhesive which cost $10.00, I am also turning a 40b into a sump.

If someone can do that for $40, wow, slim profit but wish I would have known as well.

honestly 25$ sounds like you got thin glass.. i would only do it out of 1/4" its thicker but its just a little more sturdy... i can usually get 6 panes cut for abt 45$ and then its abt an hour to set it up properly.

ive done quite a few for myself and a few friends.. if anyone needs help let me know.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
i'll help you thru the build, as i have done with other members, its not hard to silicone. What is important is your dt, (internal overflow, or external. size of dt. Your skimmers running water level, and return pump.) all these play a huge factor on baffle height and spacing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: