michaelp

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Well, I mastered the actual setup. It is making TDS 0.0 water now.

My only question is, how do people set this up so that they can have it make water and then shut itself off? I saw some buckets with lids and a 1/4 line going in. Did you make them yourself? Don't you still need a float switch to shut the unit off (otherwise, the water will still be running out the drain ... I guess its not that much but if you left it for a week thats a lot of wasted water).

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
michaelp said:
My only question is, how do people set this up so that they can have it make water and then shut itself off? I saw some buckets with lids and a 1/4 line going in. Did you make them yourself? Don't you still need a float switch to shut the unit off (otherwise, the water will still be running out the drain ... I guess its not that much but if you left it for a week thats a lot of wasted water).
Cool, you answered your own question :biggrin:

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have my ro/di system connected to one of the "auto shut off" that is referenced above. It still needs to attached to a float switch, that allows pressure to build in the system. I got my whole unit from Air Water & Ice. The float switch you need can be found here http://www.airwaterice.com/category/accessories/

If yuu give them a call they can probably sell you the auto shut off as well. I don't see them listed on the acessories page, but he includes them with all of his systems.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: