liverup

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that in my sps tank they will melt but in my fish lps they do fine. Came to the conclusion that it was too much flow, light and lack of nutrients.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm gonna say lack of nutrients. Every time I see a thread about zoas melting away, they are put into a very "clean" tank. I'm starting to beloved that zoas like dirtier water and do much better in a LPS/softy tank versus a sps dominant tank.

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
What causes zoas to just melt away? This has not happened to me in a while but all my zoas would just melt away after a few months

What would cause this?

Check your colonys around for little nudibranches, this is what happen to me, i got two little frags from one member here and got my tank infected. The nudis I got are about 1/8" long and has nice green and pink/orange colors I had to remove all zoas from my tank.

TheSherm

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I read alkalinty swings could lead to zoa melt. So for an sps tank w zoas who doses (manually) this could lead to it. I've at least convicned myself thats the problem whenever zoas melt.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: