MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I don't think you have much of a choice for the temp probe, your kind of stuck with using DA's.

+1

You dont like it? You seriously know they are all built exactly they same, right? Moreover, the ones that work with the RKL are limited and also, exactly the same.

You either have a bad RKL or bad probe. Id email the company to see if you can get something for free.

Or try googling the issue to see if others have had the same issue and find possible solutions.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
I've never had a problem with my temp probe and its been over a year since. I also have a backup probe just in case...
Now... which probe do you have? Do you have the one that has the RJ connector or do you have the proprietary connector?

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Duke the probe needs to be calibrated against a known good value. I used a digital thermometer from ACE hardware. Once calibrated it holds value quite well. If yours is drifiting its likely not calibrated properly or is bad. As far as I know you cannot switch probes as it would require a cut and splice job. I would call/write DA. When calibrating make sure you allow a pretty long period of time for the data value to settle down before saving.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: