powderblue

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coral that might have some red bugs, but all I can tell is, they are getting less and less. And I read that some wrasses eats it. I am wondering if it is my cleaner Wrasses.

powderblue

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Reefmonkey. Then those might not be red bugs then. I double checked, and I dont see them any more. I wonder if it is the CYCLOP-EEZE that I fed the tanks. That explains why I am not seeing any more.

powderblue

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Irvp13, I dont think flatwarm and red bug are the same. But good to know that 6 line will eat flatwarm! Then I have no fear for it becuase I got a 6 line.

;)

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
If you use interceptor, there's a very high chance you'll kill off all your inverts (shrimps, crabs, pods, etc..) so that's something to think about before you treat the tank that way.

Having a sixline doesn't mean you're safe from getting Acro Eating Flatworms (AEFW) or any other kind of flatworm.

Just don't want you to have the wrong idea.

powderblue

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I am not going to get interceptor as of yet, since I know I wont be using it, since I have too many hermit crabs and snails in the tank. I just noticed something like red bug on one of my carol, but then it disappeared around noon time. I was not sure if it is red bug or not.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
redbuglimenas.jpg

See the red bug? Not my photo by the way, popped up in google.

powderblue

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks nanoreefer22.
I dont think I have red bug then. I do have a photo but it is not as clear as the one you have and I compared it and I dont see the red dot on one end. But again, the coral in this photo has over 10+ yellow dots, last night I think I only saw 3. Could it be other type of bugs?
purplegreenp.jpg

powderblue

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Kris, I tried to reply earlier, after I press the post reply the site crashed.

I guess no more denials since a few members has already pointed out it is red bug. :)

I read your post and you had RB me if you want to chat, I was thinking RB = red bug.

But does it look Severe to you?

No this is not my first sps, but first time encountering red bugs.... I guess either I have been lucky or I just never noticed it. This piece I got a while back, hopefully it is not infested by others sps.

I have 3 clams, mushrooms, lps and mainly Sps. I have lots snails and hermit crabs. I have no shrimps. Got 1 tang, 1 cleaner sasses, 1 six line, 1 emperor angle, and 1 flame angle. Got some seaweeds in the refrium.

I have been reading and trying to find the solution, but the problem is interceptor is a prescription medication for dogs, and I don't have a dog or know any vets that can help.

Need to call around tomorrow. By any chance, how much are these pills? And how many comes in a pack?

Last edited:

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Someone on the board should be able to help you out with a pill or two.

If you have any shrimp, hermit crabs, starfish, or anything like that you want to save take this time and move them to another set up and move them back after you've completed the treatment on your tank.

Since you're tank is mainly SPS you're best bet is to treat the entire tank 3 times, with a week between treatments.

It doesn't look severe but will only get worse and add undue stress to your SPS. I'm not sure if interceptor affects clams, but I'd let someone else chime in there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: