powderblue

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many board member told me I have red bug on one of my coral, and I took their advice and I start looking for a treatment. What I found is use Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer. At first I dont believe them, but I have no option because I can not fine interceptor. So I took the chance and treated all my coral with 8ml of BA in 12 cups of salt water for 12 minutes. Here is the result.

This is before, you can see the red bugs
purplegreenp.jpg

This is after, not only all the red bugs are gone. PE also improved, this shot is taken 1 hour after putting it back in my tank.
purplegreenpaftertreatment.jpg

Actually all Coral has better PE, except a couple who I broke a branch here and there, those are not happy....

From now on, I will dip all new corals in this solution!! I heard it also kills AEFW.

Last edited:

budddman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I got it on amazon for 20 bucks for 40 oz of concetrate..its enough to share if you go halfsies with another reefing buddy.

Also it does kill aefw, just not their eggs

One word of caution though, sps that do not produce a good slime coat, such as echinatas, and turakis, do not take well to this dip. If you do need to dip these types make it a lower concentration and dip quickly. All other acros, millis and whatever else can be dip easily without worry.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Reefs

Last edited:

powderblue

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then it was a wasted effort, just treating the corals does not rid the tank of red bugs

True, buy if you buy new corals that happens to need a dip, you can use this. Much cheaper alternative.

Sine it's hard to get intercepter, we still need to treat the coral for RB and AEFW before the new coral goes into the tank and infest your other corals.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: