ruz900

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a question I've been testing my tank for about a month now and my phosphate been at zero and I just recently lost 2 coral I'm wondering if it has anything to do with not having any phosphate in tank because I'm not sure if you need some in the tank to feed some corals but i have been target feeding them too any suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated thx....

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
impossible to not have any phosphate in the tank at all.
phosphates are always present in everything... food (frozen and dry) it's in dust... now unless your home has been decontaminated by the gov't and encased into a bubble sealing it off from the world. there are phosphates in the tank. Will it kill 2 coral... highly unlikely.

So let's get the vague out of your post... and tell us more about your system (in detail). Give us information provided to you by your test kits. The coral you lost... then maybe we can assist you further.

ruz900

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was a Neon Green Flowerpot and a Green Spaghetti Leather Coral.. i did have them a bit to high next to the lights and i haven't been feeding any fish food cuz i dont have any fish in the tank im am just a little confused and the test kits that am using are Hanna and api in a 57g tank

tynman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I forgot to mention I do those iodine about a teaspoon every week for my rose bubble tip anemones I have 4 of them is that too much to be dosing?
The anemones could have stung them. I gthink a teaspoon a week of iodine is to much. I do 3 drops a week.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: