duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
So about a month and a half ago i discovered i had AEFW, Once i found out i started basting every other day and bought 2 wrasses. A melanarus and a yellow coris wrasse along with my mandarin and copperband. 2 weeks later i started using Zeo flatstop. im writing this thread to update people on my current status and will update it every couple weeks to inform how my fight i doing. After a month and so of basting,fish and zeo i have to say my polps are extending further and some color is returning but very very slow. I did loss 3 frags and when i dipped them 2 weeks ago ALOT of worms came off. I just dipped my red mille that was being eaten by the AEFW and not one worm came off. I used coral rx to dip. It still doesnt look good but im being hopeful it pulls through. I will dip another frag in 2 weeks that has lost alot of color in 2 weeks and update on worms spotted. Im doing one frag every 2 weeks to see how the progress of ZEO flatstop is doing

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Duke , I have heard that zeo flatworm stop should also be used with the zeo k balance. Thought i would let u know. good to hear things are doing a little better. Just be persistent and u will win the battle. I'll have some pieces for u when the time comes.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Yeah nate i heard that as well. On that weak red millle i think the dipped stressed it out and it dont look good. With the AEFW then the dip i think it stressed it to much. Even though no worms came off it today i know it was being harrassed. 2 weeks ago i blew some adults off it

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Yea, a stressed coral is just going to either pull through or take a dive. And with the wrasses in there. They may be picking at the corals getting to the worms and stressing them even more. Time will heal all wounds! Lol I'm routing for ya.

dnov99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Not sure if you are doing this already, but when dipping the frags you should inspect it for egg sacks and destroy them. They are usually located on the underside of the coral or frag plug and are on dead tissue. You can either scrape them or cover them in frag glue. Good luck!

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Def scrub everything and just stay on top of it I think u can overcome it...
When I place Sps frags in my qt I now scrub the bases w a toothbrush and add some frag glue to bases, then I dip, inspect everyday, then repeat before display.. I'm super paranoid!

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Little update after 2 weeks my corals are looking well. Havent lost anything that i didnt already knew were going. One coral that looked real bad i took out and dipped with no flatworms. It didnt make it after the dip but a good sign is no worms popped off. It wasnt doing well since its first dip where MANY AEFW came off and never could recover. I know i want to be optistic but i have to say i THINK this zeo flatstop is working. Ive been dipping some smaller frags and nothing has popped off at all.. My one hairy acro that had bite marks all over its stem has grown new skin over the bite marks and no new marks are found.The hairy acro was never dipped to remove the worms just the treatments because its fully encrusted. I will keep updating good or bad

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Acro

This is the first acro we noticed bite marks. The polys werent extending and lost all its green color. from the top of the water i can notice alot of green coming back. Also the growth at the base was not there 3 weeks ago. sorry for the bad pic but its just to show the growth

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
so after 20 days this is what i have noticed. My acros seem to be doing better. I just clipped big chunks off my large green plating coral that lost ALOT of color and i cant dip the whole thing so i took off like 5 large peices as close as i could to the base and dipped them in coral RX for 15 minutes and not one flatworm came off. I did have a incident with my "red dragon" where it was losing skin in the middle of the coral. I took it out and dipped and some small worms came off and i scraped the area that was being eaten. My guess is that the acros that for produce slime are fighting off the worms and the ones that dont make a slime coat might be there next move so im going to keep an eye on the 3 i have

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I feel your pain, I think a tank break down when you found out would of been less headache IMO , I just don't think there ever go gone for good. I was doing so great and then boom found one. I am at the point that I lost intrest in buying another SPS for awhile. Sticking to softies and LPS
I must of lost close to $5k in sps due to this worm

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: