• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
OK, you want to go on Photography on the Net or POTN and Fred Mirdanda's forum site. Read about the different cameras and features. EF-s lenses will not fit on any full frame or 1.3x crop camera, but the EF-s lenses are specifically designed for the 1.6x sensor in your camera and a few others Canon makes.
Read about the difference between the sensors. There are also great BST areas on both those sites where you can buy used equipment. "L" series (Luxury series, the best) Canon lenses tyipcally sell at 25% off retail in very good lightly used condition. This will allow you to "test" a lens and if you don't like it, you can sell it without taking a huge loss or any loss at all.
Lots to learn just like in reefing.

You know what I will just mke this my second hobby now. Btw thanks for the website on where I can learn more about camera I really appreciate man I really do. I might just make you my canon instructor/teacher lol jk

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Are the megaplixes on the canon more important then using different type of lens to get a nice and clear shot at something?

The Lens is the most important part, for the most part.

Depending on your lighting and the aperture setting that the camera will goto.

MP really has nothing to do with this type of photography, unless you want to blow the thing up to mega size and also crop to make the item larger.

For really good close ups a MACRO lens is the BEST. But making a picture perfect has alot of parts. (ie, ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed, white balance).

White balance is very important since you will get a blue hue with most pics.

Shooting raw is the best way, since you can then control white balance in a program, but for the most part you need something WHITE in the picture to tell the program WHAT IS REALLY WHITE.

There are many many many factors, so don't get discouraged when your first shots come out like crap.

I would also invest in a decent tri-pod, since you may be shooting at a low shutter speed (25), hand holding is tough, the slightest motion will blur the pic, especially if you want to crop the image to get a close up.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
The Lens is the most important part, for the most part.

Depending on your lighting and the aperture setting that the camera will goto.

MP really has nothing to do with this type of photography, unless you want to blow the thing up to mega size and also crop to make the item larger.

For really good close ups a MACRO lens is the BEST. But making a picture perfect has alot of parts. (ie, ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed, white balance).

White balance is very important since you will get a blue hue with most pics.

Shooting raw is the best way, since you can then control white balance in a program, but for the most part you need something WHITE in the picture to tell the program WHAT IS REALLY WHITE.

There are many many many factors, so don't get discouraged when your first shots come out like crap.

I would also invest in a decent tri-pod, since you may be shooting at a low shutter speed (25), hand holding is tough, the slightest motion will blur the pic, especially if you want to crop the image to get a close up.

Thanks Ant for the info

rrudo74901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I agree with thirty, the lens is one of the most important components. Your camera is a 12.2 mp sensor. The sensor will capture 12.2 mp at whatever focal length the lens represents. For example, you have a 18-55mm zoom. The camera will capture 12.2 at all focal lengths. The higher mp cameras will present a better cropped image in pp because they have more data stored in a smaller area.
Your camera's limitation will be its high ISO performance. I never shot with a T3 series but my 7D will do about 3200 with acceptable noise. I can assume that the 12.2 sensor should be limited to about 800 ISO so a sharp image can be produced in pp with noise reduction software. Get the camera, shoot in auto, them in Av then in manual and learn what controls the different facets of the camera.
As thirty stated, ISO, aperture and shutter speed are the 3 components. Making them work for you is the challenge.

Dee12dee12

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337988385.918537.jpg

Canon rebel t3i 18-55mm lens. This was the first day I had the camera. Can wait to purchase the 18-200mm lens or the 18-135.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: