skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
I prefer any heater on a controller... that way it gives you some leeway if there are any problems with a heater that ends up going bad... just shy of glass damage.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
I would run 2 heaters in tandem... That way if you ever run into a problem with one.. the other will just take over. Plus it takes less time to heat up the water if there are 2 in the tank.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
i have used both the eheim jager and the finnex titanium with digital controller. they are both very good heaters....the jager has been around longer and has a very good record.
i do prefer the finnex for its unbreakable titanium heating tube, separate temperature sensor and digital led screen. the jager is longer than most heater....doesn't fit very well in the sump and made of glass. it has analog dial but can be fine tuned/calibrated.
i tested two of the finnex in my mixed saltwater holding tanks for more than six months before making the switch (from the jager).
the finnex has been pretty accurate (with in 1-1.5 degree) and reliable. i have 5 of them in service for about a year now.

i would use 2x 100 watt instead of a single 200 watt one.
http://www.aquacave.com/Finnex-100W-Heater-with-Digital-Controller-P1968C132.aspx

as skene mentioned earlier, if one fail, there's a safety net.
to go even a step further, i have one in the display hooked up to a reef keeper and two in the sump hooked up to an american marine dual temperature controller....it controls both my chiller and heaters. redundancy my friend redundancy....;)

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trump, did you have any success with this heater and the controller. I have the same setup but the heater will not turn on. The controller works because it will turn on a lamp and another brand of heater but not the Aqueon Pro 150watt one. The heater works because if I plug it into the wall directly its fine. Any thoughts?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: