ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Has anyone who used this sand had a specially long time for the water to clear? I've been trying to rinse this for 3 days and I'm still getting milky white water. I put some live rock in it and I'm hoping it will clear tomorrow. Looks like milk + water. In addition this has the most debris I have seen in sand.

I purchased aragonite sand from petco and it was much better. It cleared in less than 2 hours.

I guess once I hook up the life-reef overflow and run it through a filter sock I should be much better off but every time I disturb this sand it throws of dust everywhere for the past three days.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
That's what I use in my DT.

Sounds like you rinsed it the same as I did. It doesn't go totally clear while rinsing...just from yellowy cloudy almost opaque to cloudy milky partially translucent, which as I understand it, is how it should be.

It took a few days to clear after going in. I'd change/rinse/clean your filter sock every day while it's clearing up and things are settling down. Sometime in the next couple days you'll get up and find it clear.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: