House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Fortunato,

huge water changes and huge amounts of carbon the first few days - run it 3-4 days then pull it.

Sorry to see.

Also, replace them as small ones, they'll grow quickly in a tank your size and you'll put this behind you. No need to buy them large - let them grow and mature together and you'll be loving the tank/hobby again in no time.

Good luck

House

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Fortunato,

huge water changes and huge amounts of carbon the first few days - run it 3-4 days then pull it.

Sorry to see.

Also, replace them as small ones, they'll grow quickly in a tank your size and you'll put this behind you. No need to buy them large - let them grow and mature together and you'll be loving the tank/hobby again in no time.

Good luck

House

Absolutely correct.

Thanks for the continuing support everybody, I really love to see the responses from everyone.

Current status of the tank right now. Everything that is left seems to be doing fine, have not lost any coral and my other 10 or so anemones are all alive and well. The 7 clownfish in there are also thriving as odd as I think it is, but I guess they're immune to anything an anemone has to offer? All inverts are good as well, snails, hermits, 3 linckias, sea hare, sea cucumber and clams are all ok as well so that gives me a lot of hope.

In terms of maintenance, I did a 65 gallon water change last night and I am preparing another one now for tomorrow. I have not been able to replace the carbon yet although it was replaced last Wednesday right before I got the anemone that Thursday. I plan on changing it soon, I just ran out of it.

I may be picking up a few fish tomorrow in NJ but I am a little skeptical about trying but I think once that second water change is completed I should be good to go. Any opinions on this would be appreciated but nothing harsh please, it's been bad enough.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Thanks for the continuing support everybody, I really love to see the responses from everyone.

Current status of the tank right now. Everything that is left seems to be doing fine, have not lost any coral and my other 10 or so anemones are all alive and well. The 7 clownfish in there are also thriving as odd as I think it is, but I guess they're immune to anything an anemone has to offer? All inverts are good as well, snails, hermits, 3 linckias, sea hare, sea cucumber and clams are all ok as well so that gives me a lot of hope.

In terms of maintenance, I did a 65 gallon water change last night and I am preparing another one now for tomorrow. I have not been able to replace the carbon yet although it was replaced last Wednesday right before I got the anemone that Thursday. I plan on changing it soon, I just ran out of it.

I may be picking up a few fish tomorrow in NJ but I am a little skeptical about trying but I think once that second water change is completed I should be good to go. Any opinions on this would be appreciated but nothing harsh please, it's been bad enough.

You should be ok after that wc. Just go slow. Try max reef, they had a lot of stuff similar to what you lost at great prices. Again good luck.

yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Glad to hear you're not giving up,it's tough. Not too long ago my tank was wiped out by an anemone. just arriving at the restocking after the rebuild and it's been about 6months. take your time. you're in a pretty good place,i lost EVERYTHING but snails and crabs. you lost some great looking fish but you sound like you have a great looking tank still running. hang in there you're already on the road to recovery.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry for you lose. But you can't give up. Two years ago I lost my sps to power outage while away for a week. I should of had a back up plan. Same for you must learn from mistake and go forward. If your heart is into you will only become better and smarter. Yes, it's tough but it might seem like the walls collapsed. But time will heal and you will have an awesome tank again.. Those fish would not what you to quit. Because they love your tank...you got equipment just put into use slowly again. Good luck......

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
OMG, I so feel your pain! My deepest condolences for your loss!! Been there myself, and yes thought of quitting is the first thing that comes to mind when something like this happens.
I'm happy you decided not to quit, and even happier that you are getting help with re-stocking..... That is the BEST of MR members, they are always folks ready to step in to help! That is FAMILY, true family spirit which is why I LOVE MR so much!!!!!

Best wishes to you, and your reef!!!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: