Jess

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My zoo's are fading, does anyone know why this is happening? Can it be something I'm doing wrong. Please advice.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey jess

what are your para in you tank ,Alk ,ph ,cal ,mag and so on

did youadd any new coral to your tank ,and did you dip them in a fresh water dip or and type of coral dip

do you have white dots on them

last .can you take a pic of theprob ,zoo are known for doing and having this white pox ,kinda like cancer for zoos

hope i didnt leave anything out

Ronen

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
it all depends what his zoo's color is for the low/high light. flow, parameters, could be possible disease we wont no till we get all the specs and some pics please...

for the low/high light zoos i see it depends on what color the zoo is if its a bright color it should be placed up higher, darker color down lower....

Jess

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this time I'm unable to take photos. I'm using the Dual Satellite 36" 65 watts. My zoo's are at the bottom of the tank on the sand. But they were fine a few months ago. They've been in the tank for 6+ months. This problem started know. It's more of a detiriating, shrinking. Very hard to explain. The liquids I'm using is Iodine, Iron, & Coral Vite. I also have some in the middle of the tank, they're not fading but stay closed for a couple of days. I test my water for ph, amonia, nitrate, nitrite and it seems fine. I have very few fishes. I really haven't purchase anything for a while.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jess said:
At this time I'm unable to take photos. I'm using the Dual Satellite 36" 65 watts. My zoo's are at the bottom of the tank on the sand. But they were fine a few months ago. They've been in the tank for 6+ months. This problem started know. It's more of a detiriating, shrinking. Very hard to explain. The liquids I'm using is Iodine, Iron, & Coral Vite. I also have some in the middle of the tank, they're not fading but stay closed for a couple of days. I test my water for ph, amonia, nitrate, nitrite and it seems fine. I have very few fishes. I really haven't purchase anything for a while.

I have found zoos to do this ,i can say why
as for placrment i ahve them all over my tank ,up and low.I had a prob a while back ago when my tank got the zoo pox i too k them all out and started over a few months later ,now things are back to normal

you ar dosing Iodine ,and not testing for it i see ...test for it if you havnet yet
You should test for everything that you dose .

what salt are you using ? are you having temp swings ?

I really dont think you need to dose all that in your tank ,I have a 90 mixed reef only thing i dose now is Randys parts 1 and 2 ,nothing else
I use Tropic marin salt i do 20 gal water change every month ,that takes care replenishing elements back in my tank ,if you are worried ,do a bi-monthly water change of 10gals that should replace them for you and no need to dose .JMO

Last edited:

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
i would stay up late w/ only moonlights or a red light on and watch to see if anything is eating them.. mine started to disapear randomly one day- I lost half of my zoos! I thought it was b/c my alk was low - which I am still in the process of fixing- when one morning I looked into my tank and saw a HUGE segmented worm munching on my zoos (btw he ate all the shrooms in my tank as well) - I immediately took him out w/ a pair of tweezers... about 8"long and thick!

So if everything else is fine look around for predators..

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
My zoos HATE cyano. They all receeded and stayed closed for awhile. Now that my cyano eating snails are feasting they've started to come back out again. It could be that your bulbs need to be replaced.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
if you have a nano and feel the need to dose I would use Kent Nano parts A&B... have small trace amounts of iodine and other things like that already in it so you don't have to worry about overdosing..

Jess

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your reply's. My zoo's a very spreaded I did notice that some are very thin on the stem and taller than usual. My salt level is 23-25 and I make monthly 10-15% water changes. I am using Tropic salt mix. My filtration system are a protein skimmer and a bio wheel filtration. I also noticed the water on the top was greasy or oily looking. Also, I'm very much on top of things with cleaning all of the filters for both system. By next monthly it would be time to change my lights so should I go with more wattage? Please advice

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: