Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hello guys and gals I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death but i can't really find what I'm looking for so let me try and explain. I want to make my own sump for my tank but i want ti to be able to handle up to 200+ tank since i will be getting one by the new year HINT HINT, but anyway i would love for it to be able to have everything all in on right now i have 125 gallon with a trickle filter. The problem i have is that it can't be too wide length is no problem just width i currently have a 55 gallon tank i was considering using but don't know how to set it up so any help would be great and if anyone could maybe come by and see where i wanna place it just lmk would love the input so help me out guys how do i build my own sump and would a 55 gallon tank be too big for my current tank and too small for my future one

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
IMO the sump can't be too big. So as far a now goes your good. Also I think the 55 would be fine for the 200 also. Can you fit a 75 gal or a 50 breeder. That would be better since you would have more width to play with. The 12" is gonna get small fast once you need to fit a skimmer and large return pump. Personally it can be done though. As far as the rest goes just make sure you set the baffles for the equipment you'll be needing for the 200.

I'd also second checking with richie(Rkaragozler).

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
IMO the sump can't be too big. So as far a now goes your good. Also I think the 55 would be fine for the 200 also. Can you fit a 75 gal or a 50 breeder. That would be better since you would have more width to play with. The 12" is gonna get small fast once you need to fit a skimmer and large return pump. Personally it can be done though. As far as the rest goes just make sure you set the baffles for the equipment you'll be needing for the 200.

I'd also second checking with richie(Rkaragozler).

cool I'm using the 55g because i have one just sitting around the garage trying to keep costs down and does anyone know if i can drill a regular 55g tank since i wanna use my iwaki pump

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
cool I'm using the 55g because i have one just sitting around the garage trying to keep costs down and does anyone know if i can drill a regular 55g tank since i wanna use my iwaki pump

using external pump heading on the right direction bro just make sure you purchase a high pressure pump instead of the circulation one so you can always (t) it off to add reactors later on down the road...

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
using external pump heading on the right direction bro just make sure you purchase a high pressure pump instead of the circulation one so you can always (t) it off to add reactors later on down the road...
i thought that was the Iwaki pump was but later in the future i plan on getting the hammerhead to run everything in sump room

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: