Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I have always ran GFO in my brs single reactor but it does say that it can run both carbon and gfo. i have read a couple reviews on how people think it doesnt really work and is useless to try. what do you guys think? id like to run both if possible and not buy another reactor. i cant really anyway because it wont fit.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
You do not need to run carbon in a reactor. As long as water is passively passing through carbon it is enough. I keep carbon in a media bag and throw it in my filter sock.

skene

Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Media bags you can buy at any pet store. Just place them anywhere that the flow of water goes... ie... inline over a sponge... as long as its in a direction where water will pass through the carbon itself.

ie... Drain/Fuge/bubble wall/Carbon/return pump

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
ill stick it in my bubble wall thanks, thats much easier. and it will still be just as effective. i always thought reactors were more effective then just throwing a bag of it in the sump.

skene

Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Reactors are more effective with media where water flowing needs to be focused and at a slower rate to be effective. Carbon can just sit anywhere in a tank where the flow of water is exposed and passes through it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: