jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I have had my clown for like 7 years. She is such a bully. never able to get any other fish in tank because she would bully them to death. a few months ago i tried to pair her with a juvi tomato but that didnt go well. she chased it and beat it up pretty bad. Was able to save the lil guy and give him to a fellow member which since has paired the lil guy in his own tank. I gave up on the idea and just was going to except that the only fish in my nano would be her and my watchmen goby. This weekend i decide to give it one last shot. i looked everywhere for a juvi but no one had one!! i finally picked one up today at a local wholesaler and placed him in the fish holder just like i did last time. i placed the holder right next to my clown and her rbta. she started going nuts as soon as she seen the lil guy. i figured that it wasnt a good sign. i left the lil guy in the holder and fell asleep. when i woke up the lil guy got out and was hanging out in the rbta! my clown seemed to not mind as much and was not beating up the juvi like last time. i watched them for the past 2 hours and they dont seem to be fighting at all. she trys to just push the lil guy around but no violence. and just a few minutes ago i noticed that the lil one has been shaking and laying side ways in front of her. and she has been shaking too!
i believe these two guys are on there way of being a pair!!
heres a pic

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 103

46nBliss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I had a similar experience with my 5 year old gold stripe maroon clown. I was putting the juvi in a little holder when i first put it in the tank but it swam out and they paired up quick. it was so cool to watch. congrats!

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
it is so cool. congrats to you as well. last night when lights when out, she didnt want to share the bta at all. but this morning i woke up and they were sleeping together :)
and now they are hanging out in the bta with no bullying at all
very happy. i thought my clown would never pair since i have had her for so long alone

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
it is so cool. congrats to you as well. last night when lights when out, she didnt want to share the bta at all. but this morning i woke up and they were sleeping together :)
and now they are hanging out in the bta with no bullying at all
very happy. i thought my clown would never pair since i have had her for so long alone

perhaps she got lonely in her old age.....lol.

congrats....now let see if they'll spawn.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: