Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I guess that is the high end of everything and does not take into consideration picking up some stuff from members here in the marketplace and all the great free info from all the members on MR!!

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Interesting lol! I just read a couple of pages.
Page 2 - Before You Start: "overload with ... live rock" - how much live rock is too much? Plus he forgot to mention manhattanreefs.com.

Page 4 - Live Rock: "Live rock begins as skeletal remains of sea coral, which over time become filled with tiny microscopic plants and animals, becomming "living rock"" - uh, what about real rock?

Page 7 - The Sun and the Moon: "Fish ... need LED lights that can mimic the shimmer of sun" (take that team t5 lol). After all, you don't want your fish going crazy!

Page 9 - Coral: $125 Pulsing Xenia (go xenia!)

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Over a period of six weeks, add:

Blue Linckia Starfish
Red Fromia Starfish
Red Crinoid (Feather Star)

Really? I would love to see a six month old tank housing those starfish for more than a week before they die.

Who wrote this article? Have they ever even kept a betta fish?

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I think he'd lose tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars just to save a couple of thousand dollars on fishtanks. He plays with crazy amounts of money where $17K for a fishtank is money he's made back seconds after spending it. Considering the kind of money that he plays with, if he dedicated any amount of time to try to save $10K on a fish tank, he would have lost $1million. Maybe my numbers are a little off but it's probably mostly true.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
wow this seems like cost of hiring a company to maintain a tank in a professional setting. definitely not the cost on a hobbyist tank

i think i am missing these from my clean up crew. lol
$50: Blue Linckia Starfish
$50: Red Fromia Starfish
$120: Red Crinoid (Feather Star)

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Final Tally

The Real Cost of Saltwater Aquarium for a 90 gallon: $17,334

Insane: and that's just a regular run of the mill 90 gallon. You could buy an elos system 120 same size + lights , rock, 2 vortechs and some coral for about 1/3 the cost new or 1/6 the cost used if you could find one

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: