thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
if the whole thing is going to swing up, then just use a long piano hinge on the outside, not sure how you will effect the crown moulding at all?

I would put the crown moulding up maybe 1/2 inch to hide the hinge. Attach the crown moulding to both sides and the front, but the corners are not secured. Just make sure that your 45 degree angles are cut precisely so that when you drop the front down the corners line up nicely..

Lunareclipse

Fishes are cuddly
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
if the whole thing is going to swing up, then just use a long piano hinge on the outside, not sure how you will effect the crown moulding at all?

I would put the crown moulding up maybe 1/2 inch to hide the hinge. Attach the crown moulding to both sides and the front, but the corners are not secured. Just make sure that your 45 degree angles are cut precisely so that when you drop the front down the corners line up nicely..
sounds great. will do!

Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Like this?

sent from my piece of crap EVO

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345649661284.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345649661284.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1345649685385.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345649685385.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 74

Lunareclipse

Fishes are cuddly
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What kind of plywood do I use that I can paint with white high gloss paint that will have a very smooth look when I am done? Best kind of plywood? It can be thin because I am just covering the existing stand with it. But I do need to make a whole new canopy. The one that's on the tank is falling apart.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: