Falco

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got a zoo frag from a recent group buy that has a aptasia growing from it and I need to get rid of the SOB before its starts dropping babies.

I currently have a QT running for my fish that has a NO strip light and was wondering if I could transfer the frag to my QT for a week or so while I try and get rid of the aptasia (using kalk or joe's juice). Would they live under subdued lighting for a little bit? I can put them in the upper part of the tank so would that work?

Thanks!
Chris

Here is pic of the SOB:
aptasia.jpg

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I had a majano growing on some zoas, I went medieval on it with a steak knife and some alk. Put the zoas right back in and they never even noticed.

Side note on zaos:
I've had zoas survive in a bucket without water for a week. (Yes I accidentlt put them there but they survived none the less!)

Falco

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
thanks guys for the feedback. I am going to try and zap it in the display first but if that doesn't work I am going to move it into the QT (I have to bring the salinity up as its only 1.020 in the QT).

-Chris

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: