garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
ok i dont want to hear all the bashing i have a rbta that keeps splitting and moving all over my tank they are on base pieces of rock so i cant get the rock out i have tried ice and put a pump right on them trying to get them to move so i can get them and nothing they just shrival up into the hole they are attached to i need to get rid of them i was told if you inject kalk into them it will kill them just wondering if there are any other ideas

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
You say it keeps moving, maybe find it when it is moving and "Grab it"?

Also you can try going lights out for a few days and then turn the lights back on, I'm sure it will move to find more intense lighting.

Or just give me all your rock :)

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Why cany you just cut off the foot. Your taking a big chance killing it in your tank. Cvs and any other pharmacies only sell real small needle and the kalk wont be able to be sucked in unless you make it exrtemely watery which you will probably not kill it

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
If you suck up the clear part of kalk solution it will get them for sure. I used a 3 ml syringe 2x. Once I cut These rbta from the foot and scraped off as much as I can with a tooth brush. The part that remained hidden in a deep crevice actually regenerated into a very tiny rbta!!!!!! If the tank parameters are good these guys can regenerate from nothing!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: