cono

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Check out Richie's reef thread he has a sick setup of ledshe switched from 4 400 mh to ledsand seen it in person and let me say it looks incredible ... and I am picking up my leds in a week

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Check out Richie's reef thread he has a sick setup of ledshe switched from 4 400 mh to ledsand seen it in person and let me say it looks incredible ... and I am picking up my leds in a week
Richie does not have radions he has what seems to be a cheaper knock off of them the fathom leds. They are pretty much the same design. Personally I don't get it I don't understand the blank inner 3rd of the fixture there's no bulbs on it. I think there should be bulbs on the whole fixture considering the size of them. Not saying they are bad they looked ok on his tank and I have seen the radions which I wasn't impressed with especially for 750! I think AI's are better bang for your buck but you know me I'm a T5 guy and I'm definitely not sold on this LED crap no matter what brand it is.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
The Radions have optics that should remedy the issue you're talking about.

I am definitely going LEDs this time around, but have not seen Radions in person. I've heard some people say when compared to a Sol fixture the difference is night and day. Some don't feel there is much different between the two.

I want to see them in person.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
They don't do the same thing. Radions have like 3 more colors then the AI and its so much easier to program through the computer. Plus many people will say the storm and lightening is such a cool feature. Well now you can have that on the Radions and have the Vortechs synced with it to make the water rough at the same time.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
They don't do the same thing. Radions like 3 more colors then the AI and its so much easier to program through the computer. Plus many people will say the storm and lightening is such a cool feature. Well now you can have that on the Radions and have the Vortechs synced with it to make the water rough at the same time.

I guess its a matter of preference. To me, the lightning feature is a gimmick, It's not beneficial to your livestock. Lightning doesn't help coral growth. I guess it's more of a show off thing in my opinion. You can get two AI fixtures for the price of one Radion. Don't get me wrong, I like Ecotech products (I own Vortech pumps) I still think the Radion is still overpriced. One of my friends have a Radion and has had nothing but problems with it. Had them replaced a few times already. Might be an isolated incident. Just my .02 cents.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I heard that storm feature would actually be harmful to your fish. A guy from a lfs told me that someone was showing his buddies his new feature and 1/2 of his school fish decided to go carpet surfing. I dunno how true this is but stranger things have happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Even if not using the lightning feature. Just the fact that the lights can dim to simulate clouds and the vortechs start to rev higher for stronger current is really something to think about.

I heard that storm feature would actually be harmful to your fish. A guy from a lfs told me that someone was showing his buddies his new feature and 1/2 of his school fish decided to go carpet surfing. I dunno how true this is but stranger things have happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: