budddman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I think the salinity probe is a waste...its nice to be able to read your salinity but if you have a good ato, your salinity should never change from when you do your most recent water change. So if you have a good refract you should be all set.

Jaftica it saves them outlets on the pc8: they can now plug the mp's into any old outlet or power strip and still control them thru the wxm without haveing to plug them into pc8 in order to control thru the apex.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Reefs

Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Jaftica it saves them outlets on the pc8: they can now plug the mp's into any old outlet or power strip and still control them thru the wxm without haveing to plug them into pc8 in order to control thru the apex.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Reefs
So without the wxm the apex can still control the mp40's if I plug them into the eb8?..I thought u needed a wxm

sent from my piece of crap EVO

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
WELL.. you can turn on and off. Not really control them. No setting changes. I "think" that the WXM lets you actually control them. But don't hold me to that.

Right now I have my MP40 plugged into PC8 and only can turn it on and off. :) And that is usually only during a feed cycle.

Frank@Wall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
You need to have the W series, meaning mp10 w es or mp40 w es etc. W stands for wireless. It makes no sense having the WXM if you don't have the w series. If you just plug into the eb8 it only turns it on and off. With WXM u can control it through the apex and since it is wireless you don't need to plug into the eb8 and waist a plug.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: