Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT280

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I've noticed a lot of people on here are insane, they aren't even vendors and they charge more than vendors do on corals and used equipment.

This is an awesome hobby, all this does is discourage people. Theres nothing wrong with making a few bucks but raping people is messed up.

When ur selling corals for 30 bucks that should be 10 bucks and selling used equipment for the same price as a vendor that's out of control. If something is used you automatically lose 40 percent. People need to relax on here.

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

DrAsTiC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yeah this whole hobby has a big inflation of prices. If I told you how much corals and fish actually cost you would be amazed at the mark up.

I've noticed a lot of people on here are insane, they aren't even vendors and they charge more than vendors do on corals and used equipment.

This is an awesome hobby, all this does is discourage people. Theres nothing wrong with making a few bucks but raping people is messed up.

When ur selling corals for 30 bucks that should be 10 bucks and selling used equipment for the same price as a vendor that's out of control. If something is used you automatically lose 40 percent. People need to relax on here.

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

Buck0land

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
+1

i've noticed a lot of people on here are insane, they aren't even vendors and they charge more than vendors do on corals and used equipment.

Sent from my pg86100 using reefs

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Simple, if you don't like the prices..don't buy it! That is what is so good about the internet, you shop until you find a deal.

+1

If you think the price is higher don't buy it. People can charge whatever they want for their coral/fishes and if they get their prices good for them. I usually associate the high price with high quality.

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

Ive notice that prices are getting better than what they used to be 4 years ago, you also need to understand that they probably spend more than you paid for a zoa or lps or equipment. This is how i look at it its theirs and they can list it on their personal value, on the other hand you have people that want to rape you on the other side for example if i bought a skimmer for 300 and want to sell it for 150-200 dont go asking me to sell it to you for 100 because you think im overpricing it and i automatically lose 40 percent because i used it for 2 weeks. i honestly belive that because of the competion between vendors and members is getting heavier by that day the prices are becoming lower and lower.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
I know exactly what you mean bro but if you don't shop then you don't know!!!! An educated consumer is a smart consumer!!!! I know of a few people who spend all day buying used equipment to resell it at inflated prices sometimes mugging there own friends on these saltwater forums , it's a shame but this hobby is extremely expensive and extremely loaded with cheap people !!!! And that's a pure fact.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
some may be 'insane', but many just don't know any better!
They THINK they have something 'rare', or they paid too much for it, themselves! (There are LFS that have prices 2 or 3X what you could get elsewhere.)

Most people know that you need to ask more than you want, because EVERYONE wants a discount!
If it's too much $...walk away...if enough people do that, the price will come down.

I know of a few people who spend all day buying used equipment to resell it at inflated prices sometimes mugging there own friends on these saltwater forums
that's a whole 'nother problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: