cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
So the drain hose kit I bought at home depot won't handle salt water the manufacturer informed me so now I am back to square one. I can't use pvc and I even think flexspa will be too rigid. Where can I find that corrugated gray pvc boat bilge/van hose? I have seen the kits that the fish stores sell but I need longer pieces like 7-8 feet. Is there anywhere in the city I can maybe find something that will work. I am using 1" bulkheads with a 1" pvc section coming off. Would really appreciate some help and insight so I can get this up and running asap. Thanks.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
the blue 'pool hoses' from HD won't work?

That should work. Still don't get how salt water would break down plastic (I was more worried about leaching). So it says 1.5" tubing does anyone have any of this. I am wondering if this would slip onto 1" pvc which I have coming out of my bulkheads or what kind of adapter would be needed?

Ok so a quick search and it looks like 1.25" should slip over 1" pvc, can anyone confirm? Also I assume if I have two drains I can just get one section and cut it in half to make two since both ends of a connector on it?

Anyone know a shop in NYC I can get this so I can try to get things setup this weekend rather than having to order it?

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: