• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Frank@Wall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Help with IP address for Apex
Can someone help me out setting up my apex?

My router is very far from my tank and apex so im using a gaming adapter (netgear wnce2001). i was able to set up and it worked but in a few days i keep loosing the ip address. also i was never able to connect from another location (work, out of town) nor could i set up to my ipad or my android phone. Im not a computer guy but love my reef tank

Help would be much appreciated.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Thanks thirty5 for helping out. I would have never been able to figure this out. BIG SMILE

any time. forgot to tell you. Never update the apex firmware when it is connected with the gaming adapter. it has to be hard wired when doing firmware update on the unit.

and call Verizon see if they will give you a new router so you can use the no-ip properly.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Jay6363

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, wondering if you could help me? Have a different situation. Landlord shares the router, can't get to it so I can set it up to be accessed from the outside.....I would like to be able to any suggestions

Ty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Hi, wondering if you could help me? Have a different situation. Landlord shares the router, can't get to it so I can set it up to be accessed from the outside.....I would like to be able to any suggestions

Ty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You need access to the router there is no way around that. See if they will give you the password. If you can get let let me know, and we can get it working for you. PM me to get a hold of me..

Frank@Wall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
You need the router wep key or password and most likely you will need a gaming adapter like I did unless you can drill through walls and use a very long cable. If you have issues with programming than shoot a message to thirty5. He is the best. @thirt5, thx again bro, still up and running.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
You need the router wep key or password and most likely you will need a gaming adapter like I did unless you can drill through walls and use a very long cable. If you have issues with programming than shoot a message to thirty5. He is the best. @thirt5, thx again bro, still up and running.

He said that he cannot access from the "outside" so I am assuming that he already has it connected to the network. Port Forwarding is needed through the router...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: