beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Loll. I always thought it would be sick if a jar of SW could self sustain w just light. I started my tank over and decided to cycle for as long as i could stand so the good bacteria n pods can grow strong. And i also set aside the "fuge".

Its been like a week n a half and from staring w a magnifying glass for hours they're definitely thriving. I just threw all kinds of food in there banking on the chaeto to absorb the nutrients. Throw on a minor LED light at random times. I do water changes like two nyquil cups worth of surface skimming and replaced w diluted nutriseawater. Still smells though I don't know if I should add the water to the tank. How would I get JUST the pods? Are pods a sign of good water quality? Idk What do u think

Im planning to grow these sh*tz til its full. Ill post a pic when i can.
Keep me posted on ur projects!

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Reefs

Last edited:

TaylorJane

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These jars were my first experience in the world of reef keeping. I am still learning all of the basics. This weekend I am ordering the equipment I will need to start a 5g tank that will be mostly dedicated to aiptasia.
I will make a thread for that when it begins.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: