alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I'm in manhattan beach without power probably for a while. My system will not survive much longer. Anyone who is available and able to accept very large corals rocks and fish please let me know.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Not sure the water receded in manhattan beach yet, last I checked you guys were 4 feet under water till the bay. Do you need holding, selling or giving away. Btw, high tide tonite so be careful out there. Coney Island and Brighton beach, cars were picked up lifted and thrown by the water surge from the ocean. That area was under 5 feet of water on ocean parkway!

Last edited:

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Hi guys. Sorry. Don't have a lot of Internet and service is terrible everywhere. I stayed home throughout the storm to be able to tend to the reef in the event of a power outage. Once the waters rose and filled my basement I lost all hope of a recovery. All my equipment is now destroyed and no longer useable. My tank is just surviving on the life support of a battery back up EcoTech. I don't see any future for a reef anymore at my place. I don't know what the costs are going to be by the time I'm out of all this but resetting up an entire fish room is not going to be in the budget. The decision to give away my reef is not one of the easier ones but I know that I was born on MR and that is where my reef should end up.

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
What Equipment do you need to redo the fish room? i am sure we can collect pumps and anything needed to get you back to a working system.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Thanks all for all your generous offers. Am happy to have been a part of this community. sorry i have not be able to get back to each of you individually, as you can imagine communication is quite difficult for me currently.

Tearing down my Reef, was not easy. My little David always likes to pull up a stool and stare at it. Today he climbed up on the stool, took one look at it, then with bewilderment turned away and called "daddy? DADDY?!" I know the kids are going to miss it as will I and the 10 years i've invested in it. No words can describe something so unique and so irreplaceable. very difficult day. The Reef was one of the primary reasons for my staying home through the storm to be able to tend to it as much as possible in the event of power loss. i am usually the one to try and find the lighter side to everything, but this is just too sad for me. i've definitely learned a lot from it and benefited greatly, but just too hard to say goodbye, especially under these circumstances.

stevemason

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
so so sad. ive only been in the hobby for a short time, but something tells me ive witnessed something thats never happened before with all the loss that people are suffering. i have a freshly cycled 155g with only 1 5" blonde naso and a few coral anything you might need help with that i can do.... if youre only interested in selling what u have i might b interested. again so sorry for your loss

bertyboy69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
i know this may be a little late, but i finally got power back on my reef is back up and running, id be more than happy to take some coral from you and if one day you have the resources to rebuild i will help you restock your tank with whatever i can !

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: