yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Hello all,

I'm just over 24 hours without power. I've been moving the water in my tank around and so far my everything's been ok. Anyone local that can take my fish until I have power back? I have a pair of gold striped maroon clowns, flame angel and cleaner shrimp. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Hello,

My power is out due to the storm. PSEG said this morning our anticipated "back on" date is 11/9. That's a week from tomorrow!!! My fish and coral will definitely not last that long. Can anyone hold my stuff for me? If not, please come take my livestock before it dies.

Livestock,

pair of marron gold clowns
flame angel
blood red shrimp
few heads of frogspawn
few heads of duncan
green nepenthe
few red cap frags
few frags of cauliflower coral

Please let me know if you can hold / take anything.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yesjenks....I can help out but can't get to you until after 3:30pm tomorrow when I am off work. All I have is a 17 gallon tank + hob filter and heater that I can put them into but I need to make some saltwater.

If you are interested pm me and I will start making some water tonight and hold them for you until the power comes back on.

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thank you all for your offers to help!! Ok, I want your opinions, I just went home to pickup some stuff. When I got out of my car my neighbor approached me saying there was a PSEG truck working on my block today. Apparently the PSEG guy told my neighbor we'd have power by tomorrow night. When I spoke to PSEG today they said we wont have power before the 9th. Not sure what to believe.

When I checked on my tank my fish were still swimming around. Definitely a labored swim but swimming. It's very cold in my house and supposed to get colder tonight. I builed up a bunch of water and poured the water into ziplock bags hoping this would keep my tank warm for a few hours.

I have a big cave that all my fish like to hide in. If I wanted to take them out I would have to take all the rock out (only 40lbs or so). Do you think it's worth stressing them out by moving them somewhere else? Or, let them stay the night and see if the PSEG guy was right about the power? Truth is I won't be able to move them until tomorrow anyways.

What do you guys think?

Juggernot55

Renegade Reefer
Rating - 100%
216   0   0
Thank you all for your offers to help!! Ok, I want your opinions, I just went home to pickup some stuff. When I got out of my car my neighbor approached me saying there was a PSEG truck working on my block today. Apparently the PSEG guy told my neighbor we'd have power by tomorrow night. When I spoke to PSEG today they said we wont have power before the 9th. Not sure what to believe.

When I checked on my tank my fish were still swimming around. Definitely a labored swim but swimming. It's very cold in my house and supposed to get colder tonight. I builed up a bunch of water and poured the water into ziplock bags hoping this would keep my tank warm for a few hours.

I have a big cave that all my fish like to hide in. If I wanted to take them out I would have to take all the rock out (only 40lbs or so). Do you think it's worth stressing them out by moving them somewhere else? Or, let them stay the night and see if the PSEG guy was right about the power? Truth is I won't be able to move them until tomorrow anyways.

What do you guys think?

IMO if you have someone close to you take them there. Not to jinx you but who knows when your power will restore(hopefully soon).
If there in good hands leave them there to your tank is back up and all water conditions are right. There already stressed.

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Its your decison man, i wouldnt trust pseg people. my cousin was supposed to get power wednesday according to them and when she called today, they said srry we are not sure when. The guy she met on the street gave her the wrong info. Luckily, I took some of her livestock in since the rest of it is dead. Water got too cold for the fish... 68 degrees

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Listen when i was without power last year for 7 days i was told everyday they were coming to us next blah blah blah. Everyone is on there own during this. Its a learning lesson to be prepared for the future. Generator,10 5gallon gas containers,10 cases of bottled water,charcoal 5 bags,hamburgers,hotdogs,fill up all your cars and make sure your family is good. If all you lose is some food and some fish and corals consider yourself lucky and if you want to stay in the hobby rebuild just like the thousands thats are rebuilding on a bigger scale like there houses and lives

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks for all the offers guys! Went home this morning and all my fish were dead. :( I reacted too slow. :( I think I'm going to take a break from the hobby when this is all done.

I have to be thankful that myself and my family are ok.

Thanks again for all your help!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: