• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I set up a small plastic soup container with SW, chaeto, & LR. Added some reefroids n flakes. I originally wanted to revive some chaeto but upon seeing the pods I was like word and decided to feed it periodically and they've been multiplying for a week n a half so far.

However it smells very funky. Aren't pods a sign of good water quality? I want to know if it is ok to add the majority of this water column to my 3g tank. Or suggestions as to how to get these mfers in my tank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Reefs

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I would not add that water to your tank.Take the chaeto out and shake it into the 3 gallon. do the same with the rock.
replace the old water in the soup cup with a water change from the 3 gallon and add new saltwater to the 3 gallon.

beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Thx.
Ill try submerging n shaking the macro n Lr.
U ever use this method?
Thought id mention that Im cycling a new tank. I think its done now (bc the pods appeared?). Im just waiting as long as possible for them to multiply until I start adding stuff. And also set aside the lil hatchery which was originally for chaeto that was "hollowing" out.
What would you say is the ratio for macro sustenance in nutrient & light? Is the cup the more appropriate place for it? I didn't want it to fly all around in the tank and I figured it would feed off the nitrate

I think I have enough pods in my tank now but it wouldn't hurt to add more, unless it would actually hurt the water quality. My concern right now in all this overall is trying to sustain pods+macro without feeding too much before I add anything.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Reefs

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: