• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

doma25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear All,

I am writing this from about 5000 miles away, in Athens Greece, where I am current studying abroad.

I have given my parents the heavy responsibility of taking care of my reef tank while i am at school or away from home. Luckily they found the reef to be a captivating hobby.

To make a long story short, they have done an amazing job for the past 2-3 years, my tank has done nothing but thrive. However, upon bestowing them this responsibility, I never envisioned or even thought that our house in the 21 century would be without electricity for over a day let alone, potentially a couple of weeks. Naive me!

We have a generator which runs for 5-6 hours a day and has kept the temperature of the tank up to a temp. that can sustain life, however, with the gas supply, it is getting harder and harder to fire up the generator. If we do not get electricity soon I am afraid, I will have a complete loss of the tank. Hopefully gas will become more plentiful soon..... I have never felt so hopeless, I wish there was more I could do!

I was just wondering ICE would their be anyone local to Oyster Bay willing to house around 12-13 fish, and a few inverterbrates if it gets to that point?

Hopefully I will not need it, but I am just putting out the feelers right now!

Thanks,

Marc

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: