Nottick

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hello all....

I have been looking for some ideas to put the waste water of my RO/DI system to better use than down the drain... Is it possible to hook it up to another RO/DI system to make it more efficient? If someone can let me know the possibilities or ideas that would be great! thanks

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Please note, there are definitely pro's and con's to using a permeate pump. IMO the pro's outweigh the con's, especially with NYC water which starts at a very low TDS to begin with. There are certain situations where TDS creep occurs. If you use an ASO (Auto Shutoff Switch) in conjunction with the permeate pump you should be able to minimize the effects of TDS creep.

The 1000 series permeate pump does produce some noise when running. The 500 series permeate pump also produces a thumping sound, but much less than the 1000. The 500 series is designed to run on RO/DI systems up to a max output of 50 gpd. The 1000 series can run on systems up to 100 gpd.

Russ

Nottick

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Please note, there are definitely pro's and con's to using a permeate pump. IMO the pro's outweigh the con's, especially with NYC water which starts at a very low TDS to begin with. There are certain situations where TDS creep occurs. If you use an ASO (Auto Shutoff Switch) in conjunction with the permeate pump you should be able to minimize the effects of TDS creep.

The 1000 series permeate pump does produce some noise when running. The 500 series permeate pump also produces a thumping sound, but much less than the 1000. The 500 series is designed to run on RO/DI systems up to a max output of 50 gpd. The 1000 series can run on systems up to 100 gpd.

Russ

Hmmm... You seem to know a thing or two about it... Do you happen to stock these or can get them?

May be an item which people are unaware exist. Also the cost isnt that great either.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Hmmm... You seem to know a thing or two about it... Do you happen to stock these or can get them?

May be an item which people are unaware exist. Also the cost isnt that great either.

TY, ro/di water is an important component to reefing hobbyists, so knowing something about it should be important to me.

Out of respect for the rules and guidelines of MR, I'm not permitted to sell in a general discussion thread. Please feel free to either start a thread in the WTB section or PM me for more details.

Thnx again for the kind words
Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: