jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have been trying to find a fish/coral wholesaler in the bergen county area to purchase livestock.
I am not a store owner, but a family member is.
Unfortunatly it is a planted freshwater tank specialty sore.

I have gone to his wholesaler hoping they carried both fresh and salt but the only thing non freshwater was liverock.

I would love to know of a wholesaler that carries saltwater fish and corals.
(im going on the assumption that any retailer can visit these wholesalers, as long as they have an LLC)

any store owners or reef junkies know of any place?
the owner of my LFS told me his wholesaler once but i cannot recall the name

thanks!

reefprobe

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most saltwater wholesalers sell their fish and corals for the same price as a competitive retailor. Plus you get better deals here than any wholesaler
So find a good LFS and don't worry about wholesalers with competitive prices/quality livestock because they don't exist

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Most saltwater wholesalers sell their fish and corals for the same price as a competitive retailor. Plus you get better deals here than any wholesaler
So find a good LFS and don't worry about wholesalers with competitive prices/quality livestock because they don't exist

?
No offense but that doesn't really make sense. So you're saying that a LFS is going to give you fish for the same price as they get it from a wholesaler? Making rent must be a SOB if that's the case, never mind paying their employees.

Unless I misunderstood your post.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
I know where the place in Bergen County that you speak of is and yes, any store owner that has the proper credentials can in fact visit and shop.

Problem is, I am not sure I understand this thread all together. I mean, if your family member has a fish store, freshwater or not I am most certain that a fish store owner knows where the local wholesalers are due to marketing media that arrives at stores not to mention other national wholesalers and international.

Maximum Reef Aquatics in Yonkers is not a wholesaler but buy enough quantity from them and they treat you as if they were, you should check them out.

Again, if your family is in the business just ask them to take you and if they truly have no clue just do a google search for fish wholesaler in Bergen County!!!! here is a tip, try idk Palisades Park, Ridgefield and stuff like that

I have been trying to find a fish/coral wholesaler in the bergen county area to purchase livestock.
I am not a store owner, but a family member is.
Unfortunatly it is a planted freshwater tank specialty sore.

I have gone to his wholesaler hoping they carried both fresh and salt but the only thing non freshwater was liverock.

I would love to know of a wholesaler that carries saltwater fish and corals.
(im going on the assumption that any retailer can visit these wholesalers, as long as they have an LLC)

any store owners or reef junkies know of any place?
the owner of my LFS told me his wholesaler once but i cannot recall the name

thanks!

jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
thanks for the feedback... as stated in my post my cousin has a freshwater planted tank specialty store. I assumed he would know anything and everything fish, unfortunatly thats not the case. He found a wholesaler he likes and sticks with them.

thanks for the responses, i love MR. great community

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
What is the hang up in finding a wholesaler! Do you think if you found such wholesaler, that your going to just walk in and buy just 1 or 2 fish and at wholesale price. The wholsalers are for retailers who purchase in the area of $500 - $2000 a week. So just because you have a family member, selling fresh waterplanted tank speciality store! It has no relationship to saltwater fish, corals or inverts. Just like one of the members here mention, there are deals here, and there is a fragswap.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: