jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have been using the API reef kit (calcium, phosphate, nitrate, KH), along with API nitrite and ammonia.

these have been the only tests i have ever used. I have no complaints, although differentiating between colors is difucult at times (especially with phosphate).

What are your favorit test kits? do you use the same brand for each test or have specific brands depending on what your testing for?

I like that API offers packages that include multiple tests.
its pretty irritating that these companies make you purchase each test individually.

interested in feedback

john

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
ive used salifert, red sea and hanna and i like red sea the most... red sea has a pro test kit that has alk, cal and mag in one pack (but beware not to screw that glass vial to tight it broke when i was doing so and i cut myself :eek:)

cal, alk and mag (red sea)
phosphate - hanna
nitrates - api

Last edited:

meloncoral

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree red sea is the best overall
and salifert is good also but they come in a cheesy cardboard box that falls apart when it gets wet
The red sea kits have a durable case that is hard plastic and you wont lose pieces of the kit

empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I had bad experiences with red sea. it did not give me accurate readings as compared with salifert test kits. both test results were compared to a hanna checker and salifert was the closest.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: