winsbxnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Is there any one in the Bronx who can help me set up my Rockwork for coral I always have done tanks with fish only and now I'm graduating to reef but I feel my rock work isn't properly set up is there any one willing to come and help me set up properly.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1352804034.492635.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1352804034.492635.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 120

brand

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Did you put a piece of egg crate on bottom of tank? That's in case a rock falls doesn't crack your tank.
Home depot has.

Put little bit of sand then egg crate and cover with more sand .

2 + inch bed of sand ..

Rock work just make sure where you lay they won't fall and caverns for fish to sleep and move around if its to tight they can't get around.
I always make sure to leave nack bottom area open for movement also.

I like to mix branch rock and regular figi etc its makes the spaces easier to make .

Some people glue I don't like to because I can change every once in while give live stock little stimulation of environment .

Good luck..

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
IMOP I don't like to put egg crate on the bottom I'm afraid it is going to be a nitrate collecter just like a under gravle filter.

Look... if your stacking rocks so poorly that a fish can nock them over then your doing it wrong.
I do agree with the branch rock on the bottom and stacking on top of them.
I like to keep as much rock off the sandbead as possible and have flow under it.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
wins, are you revamping the 75 for a mixed reef?

play around with it until you get the way you like, try your best to leave some room behind rocks to scrape algae off the glass. i like the double island or sloping island type setups where one side higher. have a few adult beverages (no too many where youll be dropping rocks) and have some fun with it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: