• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Hi all. So when I built my sump a while back, I made the baffles 8 1/2 inches tall (thats the maximum "recommended" water height" for my skimmer). I've encountered a slight noise problem on the skimmer. I realized that the loud noise coming from the pump was because the water level is a bit too high I guess. I would like to lower that baffle by an inch to an inch and a half. The problem is that it's already sealed in the sump. Any suggestions of how I can cut over the top down a bit?

PS: I cannot raise my skimmer with eggcrate due to cabinet height restrictions.

Thanks.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
2 ways come to mind. you can either shut your sump down for 24 hours and put your heater inside the DT and maybe run an extra power head in there but not necessary. Empty your sumps water cut the silicone out all around then take the baffle out and cut it down or which can be a little bit harder is to get 2- 1/4 thick piece of wood with 2 clamps and get yourself one of those handle glass cutters. clamp the wood on your baffle to use as a straight edge and run the glass cutter along the wood till you have a deep score and it will cut it off

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: