magicalmets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I'm planning on getting a 57rimless. Now my question Is I have one Radion is that enough to support a SPS tank? If not can someone give me advise on how to light up the whole tank w/o buying another Radion(they are not cheap).

Bio14guy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Im in the same boat I was looking at the kessil A350W. I was trying to see if one would be good or should I go for 2 kessil 150's. Good Luck on your build.

magicalmets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That's funny I have a JBJ as well. You are limited with what you can do and I want a SPS tank so it's even harder. BTW that tank looks awesome!! What how much is the 57 rimless with a stand?

Bio14guy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah it is a bit hard to customize the tank that is for sure. You can Deff do SPS in the tank I have Sps in my tank and there doing great. What kind of lighting do you have? I got a price today for the tank and stand for $450.00 But I really want a white stand So I think I'm going have a custom one made. Nice Z BTW. I had a 05. Touring. I miss it :(

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Im in the same boat I was looking at the kessil A350W. I was trying to see if one would be good or should I go for 2 kessil 150's. Good Luck on your build.

You would need 2 Kessils without question.

As for the radion over the 57 rimless, thats kind of tricky. I think you MIGHT be able to use only one, BUT the SPS would have to be high up in the tank. You can do a nice mixed reef with SPS on top and LPS on the bottom, since most LPS like low-mid lighting.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: