thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I need some guidance making my manifold. I need a T for refugium, 1st reactor, 2nd reactor and my return. How should the flow go? Refugium, return, reactor, reactor?

It does not matter. It all depends on what is closest. And depends on how you are actually building the manifold.

The point of a manifold is that none have to do with each other.

What I would do though is break the manifold into 2 parts so that you can turn off everything expect the flow to the tank. I actually have another part of my manifold for water changes where I turn off flow to everything but can use the manifold for water changes.

Here is my manifold...
The water comes from pump up straight to the tank. Then you will see more valves... From right to left....
  • Water Change valve (pumps directly into sink)
  • Valve to turn off flow to other part of manifold, This helps so that I do not have to tune the reactor valves (Thanks to Richie for that idea)
  • Next valve is to control flow in the main tank this allows water to be pumped directly back to the tank (people say not needed, but I like it)
  • Next valve I have for my Bio-Pellets
  • Last valve is for nothing right now. I may change my flow and have that valve feed my fuge instead of the drain.
20121005_110939.jpg

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thanks for the reply. Here is what I did today.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353796309.300191.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353796334.385767.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353796359.335610.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353796398.739864.jpg
Mine goes like this:
Pump to union to tee for fuge with valve
Tee to tee for returns to union to tee for 1st reactor and tee for 2nd reactor then to thread end with cap.

What do you guys think?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: