jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I know 2 people with these lights and both use the controller. They both have the ability to run the lights through other controllers, but can't get the full control of the colors. This is what I have been told. I actually know a 3rd person with them but have never discussed them with him. I however did see his controller up and running as well.

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
I'm considering the AI Vega Color. So here's my question...

Is the controller a must have? What can I do / not do without it? Can I order the light and use it without the controller and order the controller later?

Thanks.

Have the Vegas ,controller is needed to set up individual timers and color intensities ,not to mention the storm and cloudy features ..
The new controller is a bit of a pain being so sensitive and needs to be updated with the new firmware once you get it out of the box then it works better..

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
From what I learned in my conversations the reef keeper will work once the Vega is set up. But you can't properly set it up without the controller. I personally didn't try it and this only from talking to two people who own them. One with a reef keeper.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Yes I know the rails work, but I don't think he ever had sols, I could be wrong but for 600 you would be hard pressed to find rails and a hanging kit in that budget with a unit and controller. I did see on RC a vega and controller go for 525 shipped.

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Yes I know the rails work, but I don't think he ever had sols, I could be wrong but for 600 you would be hard pressed to find rails and a hanging kit in that budget with a unit and controller. I did see on RC a vega and controller go for 525 shipped.

Was just letting him know if he didn't about the ai rails..
Or he can just go to home depo get a couple of hooks some chain or what ever
And make something that will work ..probably cheaper

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Yeah, the rails or hanging kit are always a separate issue, so I'm not including them in my cost. Once I have the light I'll figure out how I want to attach it.

So $600 for the light and controller, no construction or hanging included.

Or I replace a couple of bulbs in my MH / T5 fixture and call it a day... If only the LEDs weren't so freakin' sexy looking...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: