nine9d

President - HVRK
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
HVRK_LOGO.jpg

Presents...
Anthony Calfo
"A Call to Farms"

Please join the Hudson Valley Reef Keepers in welcoming noted Reef Aquarist and author Anthony Calfo
as he conducts a slide show and presentation entitled "A Call to Farms". In this timely presentation,
Anthony will discuss techniques for propagating corals from home displays to full-fledged commercial
endeavors. Find out about these methods as he continues the quest to develop a truly self-sustaining hobby.
Attendance is limited to the first paid 100 people (paypal only), so reserve your seat today!

Highlights
* Slide show and presentation
* Fragging demonstration
* Autographed copies of Anthony Calfo's books for sale,
Book of Coral Propagation and Reef Invertebrates
* Door/Raffle Prizes
* Frag Auction

Date: Saturday, July 22, 2006
Time: 10:00 AM
900 Wolcott Avenue
Route 9D
Beacon, NY 12508
(conveniently off of Rte. 84)

Cost: $15.00
(not accepted at door)
To register for this event, please follow this link.

To see if you are on the list as paid, click here.

This Event is made possible with the help of the following Sponsors!

*Door/Raffle Prizes Donated by:

Reef Nutrition, CaribSea Inc., Tunze USA, Seachem, IceCap Inc., Marineland, Aquarium Systems,
Air, Water, Ice, Inc., Premium Aquatics, Reef Science, Oceans Motions & Euro-Reef

*Frag Auction Items Donated by:
Exotic Reefs, Reefer Madness, Frag Farmer, Tony Nista a.k.a. SPStoner, Fishtopia & HVRK Members

*Fragging Demo Corals Donated by:
Drs. Foster & Smith & Fragtraders

Please contact [email protected] with any questions about this event.
*sponsorship information subject to change

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that's very cool how far is Beacon from NYC?

edit;

nm map quest told me it's
Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 64.39 miles

that's from bleecker and laguardia, downtown ny.

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
About 20-30 mins north of House.

There is a metro north train that goes to beacon Jon.

Nine I was thinking of going a while ago but after a few things I decided not to, I hope you have a great time and I hope it is an extremely big success for you and the HVRK.

nine9d

President - HVRK
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey jhale,
It takes me about 1 hour 15 to LGA with good traffic. Thanks.

- Ross

P.S. - YGPM jhale

P.P.S. - Thanks Chief - At the train station it would be a quick 3 minute cab ride.

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I might be in FL for a wedding, have to check the invite, thanks Chief.

First we could listen to Calfo then go visit the House Farm ;)

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a reminder that there are only two weeks until this event! If you haven't had the privilege of meeting Anthony Calfo or hearing him speak then this is an event that you won't want to miss.

And don't forget that after Anthony's presentation and fragging demonstration there will be a frag auction featuring frags from the likes of Reefer Madness, Exotic Reefs, Fragfarmers, HVRK members and RC's own SPStoner!

Following the frag auction, drawings will be held for the many door prizes that will be given away along with a raffle where you can win great prizes like a Euro-reef protein skimmer, a Typhoon III RO/DI system from Air, Water and Ice, a T-5 retrofit setup from IceCap, a 29 gallon deluxe aquarium from Marineland, gift certificates from Oceans Motions, Marine Depot, and more! Sign up today! There are only about 40 spots remaining and you must pre-register in order to attend this event! Hope to see you there! Sign Up Today

krustycat

Copepod
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
:help: Hmm.. I would like to go... hope I can persuade my husband to get up at 7:30 AM his day off... wish me luck :tired:

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 27 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 62.58 miles

Metro North is not my best option... LIRR to Penn St + MN to beacon :headache:

Rossana

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only one week to go! Come see and greet Anthony Calfo, bid on some frags, win prizes and hang with a bunch of fellow hobbysts! Register Today! =)

arconom

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It was awesome. I had the pleasure of meeting Anthony Calfo. There were many items for raffle. I won a 5 stage RO/DI unit. There was also a new style ER in the raffle. There was Pumps, A fish tank setup, and more.

The Door prizes were awesome. There was at least 2k alone in door prizes.

Tons of Corals and Fish from Vendors for auction. Lots of LE Corals which was surprising. Exotic Reef,Reefermadness,Fragfarmer, and alot other vendors that sell high end corals.

The fish were incredible and I don't even like fish.

Last edited:

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a great time had by all. Anthony's presentation in the a.m. and fragging demo after lunch were great. Add in some great raffles, a huge livestock auction (I think that we had about 150 corals, fish, clams, inverts on the block) and about 75 reefers for some great fellowship and it all made for a fantastic day. A large contingent came down from the Albany club(CDMAS) and there were several from CTARS and NJRS as well as several unafilliated hobbyists to go along with the many HVRK members who worked hard to make it a big success.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: